BACHELOR OF ARTS IN RELIGION | MAJOR IN youth leadership
This program is designed for students who will begin pastoral ministry as youth pastors. The program meets the standards of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada for ordination. It consists of Bible and Theology (42 semester hours), Practics (51 semester hours) and General Studies (30 semester hours). Included in the Practics division is a youth leadership major of 24 semester hours.
Director: Andrew Evans
Education: B.Th., Summit Pacific College, M.A., ACTS Seminary, D. Min., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
Bio: Andrew has been leading the Youth Leadership and Church Ministries programs since 2010. He graduated with his Doctor of Ministry degree from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in 2016. Andrew is passionate about seeing young people encounter Jesus and desires to see his students prepared for ministering to the next generation.
Experience: Pastor for 13 years, Associate Professor
Youth Leadership Courses
- Career Youth Leadership
- Youth Leadership Internship
- Local Church Leadership
- Foundations of Counselling I
- Leadership Development
- Contemporary Youth Issues
- Adolescent Development
- Youth Communication
Upon completion of the 4 year degree program the student shall be able to:
- integrate essential knowledge and skills needed for youth related vocations;
- articulate a Biblical philosophy and strategy of youth ministry and leadership;
- understand contemporary issues, trends and needs of students and their families;
- communicate effectively with varying audience levels;
- model effective leadership skills in terms of both programs and relationships for ministry;
- equip youth for global Great Commission discipleship; and,
- nurture the practice of ministry in the power of the Spirit.