- To develop in the student Christian character and faith through an emphasis on a growing knowledge of the Bible and Christian doctrines (academic/mind);
- To assist in the ongoing development of the student's personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This is an emphasis on the student's "inner world" and devotional life (spiritual devotion/heart);
- To give opportunities for the student to develop his or her talents and spiritual gifts through openness to the Holy Spirit and in practical ministry outreach. Ministry experiences in churches, institutions, and in foreign mission contexts will be organized (practical/physical).
The OMEGA Program has a Holistic approach that emphasizes:
- through class lectures and discussions [10 courses], assignments and individual interaction with a variety of instructors.
- through spiritual formation, retreats and one on one mentoring with Omega Directors.
Hands (Reaching a lost world)
- through ministry involvement in local churches, working with children or adults, street ministry and the urban outreach experience.
Omega Global will provide you with:
- An environment where you can develop strong personal spiritual discipline
- Sound biblical theological grounding (24 college credits transferable to a degree program)
- Training and experience in effective hands-on team ministry
- Full year of personal mentoring
- Four weeks of overseas cross-cultural hands-on team ministry
- Friends for life!
Applications are being accepted now for team members for Omega 2016-2017.
If you have any questions about programs here at Summit Pacific College, please contact Nathan (604) 851-7222 or Courtney 604-851-7224 (Toll Free 1.800.976.8388) or contact us through our Information Request Form.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND TRANSFERABILITY
The OMEGA one-year discipleship program begins in September and continues for nine consecutive months. OMEGA Global includes a short term mission trip to a foreign country. The "intercultural missions" experience is mandatory for all students in OMEGA Global. To date, OMEGA teams have ministered in countries such as Brazil, Britain, China, Czech Republic, Estonia, Guatemala, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Uganda, Ukraine, and the U.S.A. Costs for each mission trip will be indicated on the current college cost sheet.
Students who successfully complete the OMEGA program will have 24 college credits and 6 discipleship credits. The college credits may be transferred into any of the other academic programs at Summit. Discipleship courses do not count toward the B.A. in General Studies.