Information required for configuring your email client for your summitpacific.edu account.
You may configure your email account in your client software as either POP or IMAP.
Your user name: firstname.lastname@example.org (use the full email address that was provided)
Password: as supplied
Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com
Incoming mail server port: 995 (SSL)
Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server port: 465 (SSL)
Depending on the program you use, you may need to manually provide the server names.
Please be sure to indicate that the outgoing mail server requires authentication.
Checking your Summit email from another email account
You may configure your another email account to collect email from your summitpacific.edu.
- Log into your gmail account on the web.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- Click on Accounts
- Click on Add a POP3 mail account that you own.
- Type the full summitpacific.edu email address
- Click Next Step
- In the next window add your full summitpacific.edu email address as the user name and enter your password.
- The mail server is pop.gmail.com and the port is 995
- Check the "Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving email" checkbox.
- Click Add Account.
Other email services have very similar procedures.
If you need assistance, please contact Rob McIntyre (604) 851-7228 or email@example.com.