OMEGA GLOBAL PROGRAM
DESTINATION 2016-17 POLAND
OMEGA 2016-2017 will, for the first time, venture into Poland.
After 8 months spent engaging their minds in a full academic course load, their hearts in spiritual formation and growth and engaging their hands in serving and leading domestic ministries, OMEGA Global students will travel to the country of Poland in Eurasia for a 3.5 week ministry trip.
This will be done with in partnership with PAOC Missionary Peter Paluch and Misja Krajowa Ministry in Southern and Northern Poland.
QUICK POLAND FACTS
- AREA -312,685 sq km; about twice the size of Georgia; slightly smaller than New Mexico
- LOCATION - Central Europe, east of Germany
- POPLULATION - 38,562,189 (July 2015 est.) 35th largest - between Argenntia and Uganda
- LANGUAGES - Polish (official) 98.2%, Silesian 1.4%
- RELIGIONS - Catholic 87.2% Orthodox 1.3%, Protestant 0.4%, other 0.4% (includes Jehovah's Witness, Buddhist, Hare Krishna, Gaudiya Vaishnavism, Muslim, Jewish, Mormon), unspecified 10.8% (2012 est.)
- CURRENCY - Polish Zloty; 1 CAD dollar = approx 3 Polish Zloty
- INDUSTRIES - machine building, iron and steel, coal mining, chemicals, shipbuilding, food processing, glass, beverages, textiles
- NATIONAL SPORT - VOLLEYBALL
We are welcoming a new Omega Leadership Team for the 2016-17 year.
Jase Lavigne and Vicki McGowan will serve as Omega Director and Omega Associate Director.
Copyright © Summit Pacific College, 2017